NEWSPAPER DIGITIZATION PROJECT
We have exciting news!
By early 2022, the McDonough County Genealogical Society will make available 87 reels of microfilmed old newspapers of McDonough County in a digital format. The newspapers will be accessible through this web page and include the following:
- Adair Beacon, 1918-1924
- Bardolph News, 1893-1946
- Blandinsville Star-Gazette 1896-1980
- Bushnell Record, 1881-1923
- Colchester Independent, 1880-1911
- Industry Press, 1916-1924
- Macomb Weekly Journal, 1861-1878
This project is partially-funded by a grant from the Illinois Humanities Council. The largest portion of the funding came from the Genealogy society itself.
Here’s where we are asking for your help! If you can help support this project, please send funds through our Paypal account listed on this web page, or by simply sending a check or money order to :
McDonough County Genealogical Society Newspaper Project
P. O. Box 202
Macomb, IL 61455
Our facility will be closed Friday, November 26 & Saturday, November 27, 2021 in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
Our facility will be closed from Wednesday, December 22, 2021 through Monday, January 3, 2022. We will reopen on TUESDAY, JANUARY 4, 2022.
Please use the button below to donate or pay for research.
NOTICE: The McDonough County Genealogical Society Center will be closed Saturday, August 14 for members to attend our monthly caravan meeting at the Bushnell Rec Center at 10 a.m. Feel free to join us and learn about the wonderful history of Bushnell and the surrounding area. We will return to our regular hours on Tuesday, August 17, 2021.
Our center is open 3 days a week — Tuesday afternoon, Friday all day, and Saturday morning. Our center is staffed with volunteers who will gladly assist you in your research.
We are a Family Search Affiliate Library.
We are members of:
Support us using Amazon Smile. When you make an Amazon purchase through this link a portion will be donated back to the MCGS. Amazon Smile Program
Does your employer offer a matching gifts program?
- Companies offer such programs to encourage employees to contribute to charitable organizations.
- Some provide matching funds to support employee volunteer hours.
- Most programs match contributions dollar for dollar; some will even double or triple the amount of your gift!
- Does your company offer a matching gift program that will match your gift or volunteer hours to the McDonough County Genealogical Society?
- Thank you to Pella Corporation and Caterpillar Corporation for their employee matching programs.
- THANK YOU TO THE FOLLOWING CORPORATIONS/FOUNDATIONS FOR THEIR SUPPORT
- Caterpillar Corporation
- Pella Foundation
- Prairie Farms Corporation