GIFTING WITH STOCK: The McDonough County Genealogical Society has an account with Seth Minter, Edward Jones in Macomb, IL to accept the gifting of stock. Please keep us in mind in your planning. ANY contribution to the Society is considered tax-deductible. If you are interested in donating, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions or contact Seth Minter at 309/833-3664.
2023 Monthly Meeting Dates and Topics
We meet on the 3rd Monday of the month at 6 p.m. at the Western Illinois Museum, unless otherwise noted. ALL our welcome to come to hear our wonderful speakers. There is NO CHARGE to attend our events.
|March||3/20/2023||Ian Fischer||McDonough County Circuit Clerk: “What’s available at the Circuit Clerk’s office”|
|April||4/17/2023||Lori Boyer||“Finding my Adopted Mother’s Family”|
|May||5/15/2023||William Cook||“Illinois Regional Archives Depository at WIU Library” NOTE TIME: 1 PM|
|June||6/19/2023||Ice Cream Social – Come Join Us!|
|July||7/17/2023||Julie Terstriep||“The Cleaning and Preservation of Tombstones”, location TBD|
|August||8/21/2023||Allen Nemec||“Who Lived in My House – Researching your home’s past & applying for a Macomb Home Historical Plaque”|
|September||9/18/2023||To Be Announced|
|October||10/16/2023||To Be Announced|
|November||11/20/2023||Induction of Officers|
Please note the addition of a new “Historic Maps” page on our upper bar. We direct you to Sanborn maps, as well as a Digital Reconstruction of Historic Downtown Macomb map!
We have recently added a new page with local newspaper sources. See the top banner of this page for the link.
Please use the button below to donate or pay for research.
Our center is open 3 days a week — Tuesday afternoon, Friday all day, and Saturday morning. Our center is staffed with volunteers who will gladly assist you in your research.
We are a Family Search Affiliate Library.
We are members of:
Illinois State Genealogical Society National Genealogical Society
Join us on Pinterest Like us on Facebook
Does your employer offer a matching gifts program?
- Companies offer such programs to encourage employees to contribute to charitable organizations.
- Some provide matching funds to support employee volunteer hours.
- Most programs match contributions dollar for dollar; some will even double or triple the amount of your gift!
- Does your company offer a matching gift program that will match your gift or volunteer hours to the McDonough County Genealogical Society?
- Thank you to Pella Corporation and Caterpillar Corporation for their employee matching programs.
- THANK YOU TO THE FOLLOWING CORPORATIONS/FOUNDATIONS FOR THEIR SUPPORT
- Caterpillar Corporation
- Pella Foundation
- Prairie Farms Corporation