We are the McDonough County Genealogical Society located in Macomb, Illinois. We meet the 3rd Monday of each month at 6:00 pm at 201 South Lafayette (Western Illinois Museum). We have a program of genealogy interest before our business meeting. The public is always welcome. Check our event calendar for specifics.
Our Center is open 3 days a week — Tuesday afternoon, Friday all day, and Saturday morning. Our center is staffed with volunteers who will gladly
The Library WILL BE CLOSED during the month of August except by appointment. Appointment times will be limited and must be requested several days prior to the day you’d like to use the facility in order to schedule workers. To schedule an appointment, please call our phone number at 309/255-5161, indicate the day and time you would like to make an appointment and leave an email address or return phone number for us to confirm the time. MASKS will be required while using the facility.
As soon as the State of Illinois has the Shelter-In-Place removed, we will work to staff our facility. In the meantime, please send in those research requests you may need. Currently, the McDonough County Courthouse and the Illinois Regional Archive Depository at the WIU Malpass Library are not open to the public. Please know any records requested through these facilities will be delayed until their opening.
Check our announcements page for the latest news and updates.
Research Request Form: Research Request
We are a Family Search Affiliate Library.
We are members of:
Support us using Amazon Smile. When you make an Amazon purchase through this link a portion will be donated back to the MCGS. Amazon Smile Program
Does your employer offer a matching gifts program?
- Companies offer such programs to encourage employees to contribute to charitable organizations.
- Some provide matching funds to support employee volunteer hours.
- Most programs match contributions dollar for dollar; some will even double or triple the amount of your gift!
- Does your company offer a matching gift program that will match your gift or volunteer hours to the McDonough County Genealogical Society?
- Thank you to Pella Corporation and Caterpillar Corporation for their employee matching programs.