We have a new publication
ready for purchase!
“Alex Holmes Reminiscences – A History of Macomb” is a 254-page softcover book available for purchase from the Society (see picture below). The book is fully indexed and has over 100 articles about Macomb and its history. Fifty copies of the book are currently available at the Society’s library Tuesday afternoons or via mail.
Cost is $30 per book for members; $35 for non-members. Shipping and handling is $8.00 per book. Orders via mail may be sent to:
P. O. Box 202
Macomb, IL 61455
Enclose a note with your contact information and shipping address along with a check for books and shipping and handling.
Please use the button below to donate or pay for research.
The center WILL BE CLOSED except by appointment. Appointment times will be limited and must be requested several days prior to the day you’d like to use the facility in order to schedule workers.
To schedule an appointment, please call our phone number at 309/255-5161, indicate the day and time you would like to make an appointment and leave an email address or return phone number for us to confirm the time. MASKS will be required while using the facility.
Normally, our center is open 3 days a week — Tuesday afternoon, Friday all day, and Saturday morning. Our center is staffed with volunteers who will gladly assist you in your research.
We are a Family Search Affiliate Library.
We are members of:
Support us using Amazon Smile. When you make an Amazon purchase through this link a portion will be donated back to the MCGS. Amazon Smile Program
Does your employer offer a matching gifts program?
- Companies offer such programs to encourage employees to contribute to charitable organizations.
- Some provide matching funds to support employee volunteer hours.
- Most programs match contributions dollar for dollar; some will even double or triple the amount of your gift!
- Does your company offer a matching gift program that will match your gift or volunteer hours to the McDonough County Genealogical Society?
- Thank you to Pella Corporation and Caterpillar Corporation for their employee matching programs.
- THANK YOU TO THE FOLLOWING CORPORATIONS/FOUNDATIONS FOR THEIR SUPPORT
- Caterpillar Corporation
- Pella Foundation
- Prairie Farms Corporation