Please use the button below to donate or pay for research.
Volunteer members of the McDonough County, Illinois Genealogical Society offers three types of research services: (1) One-Person Search Request, (2) Surname Database Request, and (3) Other Requests.
- If you are using PayPal to pay your research fees, please email your research form, and indicate you have paid via PayPal to email@example.com.
- Mail in requests should include the form and a check payable to MCGS. Please mail to:
McDonough County Genealogical Society
PO Box 202
Macomb, Illinois 61455-0202
All research is done by volunteers – please be patient.
Option 1. Request for One-Person Search in Common Records
- Ssubmit your request on the One-Person Search form (see below) along with your payment for a search for one person.
- ($15.00 for MCGS members; $20 for Non-Members)
- Each researched person requires a form.
- Records include first 10 copies.
- Additional Copies are $.25 each.
- Records included in the search and fees (as well as postage) are listed on the form.
- Return search request form(s) with YOUR CHECK (Make all checks payable to MCGS) or use our PayPal button.
Option 2. Surname Search
Search our surname database and request specific copies of specific documents. Our resources that are indexed and included in our database are listed here:
Option 3. Other
MCGS can also respond to specific requests to research other County records, newspapers and other references. If your request doesn’t fit our One-Person Search or Surname Database Request (above), our volunteers will be glad to review your request, let you know if we can do the work.
- The rates for non-members are $17/hour plus copy and postage costs.
- The rate for members is $12/hour plus copy and postage costs.
- Please be as specific as possible about what information you desire.
- To request a review, email firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to MCGS at PO Box 202, Macomb, IL 61455-0202.